Analyse your competitors
Analysing your competitors for keywords is an important step in conducting keyword research for SEO (Search Engine Optimization). By performing competitor analysis, you can identify which keywords they are targeting and which ones are working well for them. This can help you to identify potential gaps in your own keyword strategy and find new opportunities to target.
Here are some best practices for analysing your competitors for keywords:
- Identify your main competitors: Start by identifying your main competitors in your industry. These are the websites that are ranking well for the keywords you want to target.
- Use keyword research tools: Utilise keyword research tools such as Ahrefs, SEMrush, and Google Keyword Planner to analyze your competitors’ websites. These tools can provide valuable insights into the keywords your competitors are targeting and how well they are performing.
- Analyse the content on their websites: Take a look at your competitors’ websites and see what type of content they are publishing. Identify which pages are getting the most traffic and engagement, and see if there are any keywords that they are targeting in those pages.
- Look at their backlinks: Analyse the backlinks pointing to your competitors’ websites. This can give you an idea of which websites and pages are linking to them, and can also help you identify potential opportunities to acquire backlinks.
- Monitor their performance over time: Keep track of your competitors’ performance over time, and see if they are making any changes to their keyword strategy. This can give you an idea of what’s working well for them and what’s not.
Competitor keyword analysis can help you identify which keywords are working well for them and which ones are not. This can help you to identify potential gaps in your own keyword strategy and find new opportunities to target. Additionally, by monitoring your competitors’ performance over time, you can continuously improve your own keyword strategy and stay ahead of the competition.