Email marketing and Newsletters
Getting started with newsletters and email marketing
You’ve decided to start a newsletter. Congratulations! Newsletters are a fantastic way to stay in touch with your customers, promote your brand, and drive sales. But now you’re faced with an important question: how often should you send your newsletter?
The answer to this question depends on a few factors, including your industry, the content of your newsletter, and your goals for the newsletter. In this blog post, we’ll explore some of the factors you should consider when deciding how often to send your newsletter so that you can make the best decision for your business.
How Often Should You Send a Newsletter?
Deciding how often to send your newsletter is an important decision. If you send it too often, you run the risk of becoming annoying or spammy. If you don’t send it often enough, people will forget about you. So how do you strike the perfect balance for newsletter and email marketing?
Consider Your Industry for your newsletter
One of the first things you should consider when deciding how often to send your newsletter in your industry. If you’re in a fast-paced industry where things are constantly changing, you’ll need to send your newsletter more frequently so that people always have the most up-to-date information. On the other hand, if you’re in a slower-paced industry, you can afford to send your newsletter less frequently.
Content for email marketing and newsletter
Another thing to consider when deciding how often to send your newsletter is the content of the newsletter itself. If your newsletter contains time-sensitive information that will become quickly outdated, you’ll need to send it more frequently so that people always have access to accurate information. However, if your newsletter contains evergreen content that doesn’t change much from month to month, you can afford to send it less frequently.
Finally, you should also consider your goals for the newsletter when deciding how often to send it. If one of your goals is to increase website traffic, then you’ll need to make sure you’re sending it frequently enough that people remember to visit your website regularly. If another goal is increased sales, then make sure each issue contains at least one call-to-action encouraging people to buy something from you. No matter what your goals are, make sure they inform how often you send out your newsletter.
Here are 5 tips to help you with email marketing.
Email marketing is a powerful tool for building relationships with customers and promoting your products or services. Here are 5 tips to help you maximise the effectiveness of your email marketing campaigns:
- Know your target audience: Understanding the needs and interests of your target audience is key to creating effective email marketing campaigns. Segment your email list based on demographics, behavior, and other relevant factors to ensure that your messages are relevant and appealing to each group.
- Make a great first impression: The subject line and opening of your email is crucial in determining whether a recipient will engage with your message or simply delete it. Make sure that your subject line is compelling and relevant, and that your opening is clear and attention-grabbing.
- Offer value: People are more likely to engage with emails that offer them something of value. Such as special discounts, exclusive content, or valuable information. Make sure that your emails provide value to your subscribers in some way.
- Use a clear call-to-action: Make it easy for recipients to take the next step by including a clear and specific call-to-action in your emails. Whether you want them to make a purchase, sign up for a newsletter, or download a resource, make sure that the next step is clearly defined and easy to take.
- Test and optimise: Regularly testing and optimizing your email marketing campaigns is essential for improving their effectiveness over time. Try different subject lines, calls-to-action, and content formats to see what resonates best with your audience, and use this information to continually improve your email marketing efforts.
By following these tips, you can create effective email marketing campaigns that build relationships with your customers, promote your products or services, and drive results for your business.
When deciding how often to send a newsletter signed up for it in the first place—so don’t bombard them with too many emails! However, if they signed up for a monthly digest of evergreen content, they probably won’t mind getting an email once a month. Find that happy medium by considering factors such as frequency requests, engagement rate content goals, and lead nurturing needs. Make sure whatever interval starts sending at, keep at it! Consistency is key when maintaining subscribers (and their interests). At our agency, we recommend sending weekly or bi-weekly campaigns and monthly digests for our clients because we find this produces maximizes ROI engagement. Experiment until find what works best for both parties involved! Schedule ready? Let’s go!